The hackney pony mare, pictured above, is one of 56 horses seized from a field in southeastern Minnesota in 2012, died of starvation. Brought to the U of M in a desperate attempt to save her, no amount of medical intervention could — extreme emaciation had taken too much of her. We will always remember this pony, and we are hell-bent on making her death one that matters.
The Minnesota Hay Bank’s year-end campaign is in full swing. From December 1- December 31, our goal is to raise $10,000 for certified Minnesota horse rescues:
- Hightail Horse Ranch and Rescue (Hawley, MN)
- MN Hooved Animal Rescue (Zimmerman, MN)
- Sundown Horse Shelter (Hugo, MN)
- This Old Horse, Inc. (Hasting, MN)
- Truhaven Ranch, Inc. (Winsted, MN)
Please donate to the Minnesota Hay Bank by making a secure, tax-deductible today.
Please join us in our work to improve the lives of horses by making a tax-deductible donation today.
You can help in the following ways:
- Make a cash donation in any amount.
- Pledge a donation of hay or other feeds.
- Include the “Minnesota Hay Bank” on your club’s membership renewal forms.
- Include a mandatory donation on show entry forms.
You can donate to the Minnesota Hay Bank in the following ways:
- Credit card via telephone: Call Animal Humane Society’s donor services team — 763-489-2210 — and tell them you want to make a donation to the Minnesota Hay Bank. (They serve as our fiscal agent, and all money goes direct to the Minnesota Hay Bank.)
- By check: Payable to “Minnesota Hay Bank – AHS”. Download our donation form.
- Send check and donation form to: Minnesota Horse Welfare Coalition, c/o AHS, 845 Meadow Lane North, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- On-line donations: You can make a secure donation on-line via PayPay. Click our red “Donate Now” button.
All donations to the Minnesota Hay Bank are tax deductible. Thank you!!
Thank you to Jessica Smelter Design for her time and talent in designing our year-end fundraising graphic.